What You Need to Know About the Skilled Worker Program

What You Need to Know About the Skilled Worker Program

Skilled Worker Welding

The Federal Skilled Worker (FSW) program is a part of the Express Entry process. This program is an immigration option for people who are selected to come to Canada because of their work experience and skills.

Skilled workers are chosen as permanent residents based on their education, work experience, knowledge of English and/or French, and other factors. These things often help them succeed in Canada.

This program has minimum requirements for skilled work experience, language ability, and education. You must meet all the minimum requirements to be eligible.

Work Experience Requirements

To immigrate to Canada under the Skilled Worker program, your work experience must be either Skill Type 0, Skill Level A or Skill Level B on the Canadian National Occupational Classification (NOC).

Your work experience must be paid, full-time (30 hours per week) or the equivalent hours part-time. You must have had that work experience during the last 10 years.

These limits do not apply if you have a permanent job offer.

Proof of Funds

You must show that you have enough money for you and your family to settle in Canada unless you are currently able to legally work in Canada or have a valid job offer from an employer in Canada.

How much money you’ll need to support your family depends on the size of your family. To calculate the size of your family you must include

  • yourself
  • your spouse or partner
  • your dependent children
  • your spouse’s dependent children

If you believe you are interested in the Federal Skilled Worker program, contact us today!

Join the Conversation

  1. Óscar Díaz

    I want to work in Canadá

    1. Hi Óscar,

      To come to Canada and work, you need either a temporary work permit or become a permanent resident.

      To qualify for a temporary work permit, you first need to find an employer who will hire you. Once you have a Canadian employer, and IF they are willing to sponsor you to come to Canada, you can have the employer contact us if they need help with the work permit application. Unfortunately, we are not an employment agency and are not able to help you in your search for work in Canada.

      To come to Canada for permanent residence, the requirements will be different depending on the type of immigration program. For further information, please go to the official Canada Immigration website: https://www.canada.ca/en/services/immigration-citizenship.html

      We hope this information helps. When you have met the qualifying criteria and still need help with your application, please do not hesitate to contact us.

  2. Nakalyango joanita

    How do i get to get for skilled work?

    1. Hi Nakalyango,

      Please complete the Consultation Questionnaire on our Resources page (https://www.activeprofessionals.com/resources/) and send it to info@activeprofessionals.com. One of our experienced RCICs will review your case and contact you to discuss the program best suited to you.

  3. I want study in Canada?
    Is there any body to help?
    Need a professore in order to guid for writing cover letter and study plan?

    1. Hi Maryam,
      Assuming the study plan is for the immigration process and not the admissions application, this site offers a reasonable overview of the basic components: https://www.applyboard.com/blog/student-visa-canada-study-plan. We can assist you with this process and if you would like to work with us, please contact us with your details.

Leave a reply

Your email address will not be published.