There is so much to learn about a new country when you first arrive. Here are 14 facts about Canada that you should know as you take off on your Canadian journey.
- Canada is the second largest land mass country in the world after Russia.
- Canada borders three oceans; Atlantic, Arctic and Pacific.
- Canada has the longest shared border in the world with the United States, 8893 kms.
- Boasting the longest coastline in the world, Canada has 243,977 kms of shoreline.
- There are approximately 36 million people living in Canada.
- O’ Canada is the national anthem.
- There are two official languages in Canada, English and French.
- Mount Logan is Canada’s highest mountain and resides in the Yukon.
- Canada’s longest river is the Mackenzie River.
- The official animal of Canada is the North American Beaver.
- Canada’s official motto is: ‘From Sea to Sea’.
- Canada’s official sports are hockey and lacrosse.
- Nunavut is translated to ‘our land’.
- Montreal is the second largest French speaking city in the world after Paris.